Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer holiday

My Etsy shop will be closed from June 17 through June 30 while my husband and the boys and I are in the UK. We're fortunate to have our daughter and my parents to man the fort, weed the garden, care for the dog, and each other, while we're away.



You can read about our multi-generation household in the most recent issue of Alphabet Family Journal as they've published a short, candid piece our daughter wrote about a year ago. Ema's writing is excellent, clean and pleasing and I can tell she genuinely appreciates how she's been raised.

I'll be blogging and posting to Facebook a bit while we're away, when internet allows. The rest of the time I'll be wading in tide pools and hiking Hadrian's wall, sketching castles and wandering the moors…or something like that.

Doubled shorter "cocoon bead" necklace…still working out a clasp. 

Another pair of convertible earrings - these are just two sided.  Waiting on my work table until I get home. 


7 comments:

  1. Hi Genevieve,
    I follow your blog and love your jewellery. I'm based in the UK in Scotland where I run a little contemporary jewellery gallery. Have a great summer holiday, hope you love the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your interest in my work Maike! Where exactly is your gallery? We'll be based in Berwick-upon-Tweed, adding on two days in Inverness, and we'd love to visit if we can.

      Delete
  2. Hi Genevieve

    I'm all the way up at Calgary Bay on the Isle of Mull so its quite a big journey to make i'm afraid - a very long way from Inverness! You'll see some beautiful countryside in Northumberland and around Inverness though. I recommend Alnwick gardens and Barter Books in Alnwick, its just half an hour away from Berwick upon tweed. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I'd love to be coming to see you! We're staying at a friend's house in Berwick and then tacking another week onto our trip. I voted for a week in the Hebrides - our boys voted for heading south to London. Next trip to UK - its the Hebrides for sure.
      Thank for the recommendations!

      Delete
  3. Hello lovely Genevieve, did you know that the delightful and incredible talented Melanie Muir is also in Scotland...not sure where. You could catch up with lots of polymer people!!! To Kyle's delight no doubt! And then there's all the wonderful UK girls who were at Eurosynergy...such a clever lot. While your boys are in London, maybe you could do your Hebrides substitute polymer crawl? Whatever you do Gen, have a wonderful time. Wendy (still enjoying not going ANYWHERE. But it won't last I know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did in fact contact Melanie hoping to at least get to some gallery where she shows work. We will be right at the Scottish/English border and she is several hours north. We are doing an overnight at Loch Ness which is closer to her however, I'm sure you know thats a very specific trip for a very specific reason. (One apparently does not take teenage boys to Scotland and NOT go to Loch Ness, or so I was told ;-) A friend of a friend will be meeting us to turn over house keys and she is a craftsperson. So I'll counting on her to send me in the right direction for galleries and shops and studios.
      We've made Saint Helena arrangements for next year already - more on that later though.
      Enjoying your staying still…and then enjoy your traveling again when its time!

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful time in the UK - a trip to Loch Ness is not to be missed, at any age. If it's sunny and bright, then the scenery is stunning, and if it's misty and dull, well, that makes it just atmospheric and mysterious ;)

    ReplyDelete