Saturday, July 4, 2015

Handmade House

Today we'll leave the house we've been staying at for two weeks and head just a little further up the coast. Although we look forward to enjoying a new location (on a peninsula we've never been to), we're also sorry to go. It a delightful place to stay.

This house was hand built (everything but the plumbing and electric) by the original owner, a Mr. Tibbetts, in 1950. It's solid and sturdy with windows and a wide porch spanning the front of the house the looks out over Linekin Bay. (That's Lin - e - kin with a short e in the middle.) Its open and airy with cathedral ceilings in all but the one back bedroom that has a storage loft/attic of sorts.  And high on our list…it comes with a beach.


I'm finally settled, a lot more relaxed and even managed sailing yesterday without too much anxiety or pain. My knees were achey after hiking around Pemaquid Lighthouse and I couldn't keep up with the boys but the doctor says I can do whatever I feel like doing.

Then came the great news from my endocrinologist. She got the results from my most recent blood test and I'm doing well enough that she cut back on both of my medications. That really buoyed me! Light at the end of the tunnel!









2 comments:

  1. That's great news that your health is improving. A bit of r n r is a great thing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hope your summer weather has improved. Saw your little guy in a coat, hat and mittens the other day. Brrrr...

      Delete