Thursday, May 24, 2018

No Saint Helena trip this year

By most standards, the journey to Saint Helena is quite an undertaking - not your typical summer vacation. Even though the travel is now by plane instead of ship (since the opening of the airport last year) it's an expensive, 2-3 days from the east coast of the U.S. You to have enough time, enough money, be prepared for separation from family, and have enough money...oh wait, I already said that. But don't get me wrong, it is worth every penny!

Looking into Sandy Bay from the Peaks

Flagstaff and The Barn in the distance
Jeannie and me
Trevor is helping Sam...or Sam is helping Trevor. I'm not sure which


We had hoped to be making the journey again this year but sadly...no. For various reasons it didn't work out. We'll so miss seeing our friends. We''l miss the walks, the busy days volunteering at SHAPE, the incredible hospitality, the fish fries...

An amazing fish fry at Isaac's 


Of course, there is much to do right here on this side of the Atlantic and I'm going to throw myself into some projects and opportunities that have been brewing for a while. This also means my shops will stay open with some new pieces coming in June ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment