Monday, January 12, 2015

Game On

I'm happy to tell you that an order from ANTHROPOLOGIE is finally official. There was a bit of back and forth and a bit of "price point" and a bit of "ball park" and 37 emails, 3 phone calls and a vendor manual but its finally settled.

The samples

The size of the order initially suggested by the buyer (which is beyond my capacity at this point) has been whittled down to a very manageable quantity of seven different pieces with the ship date extended by a week. The flip side of that is that the pieces will only be available online. However the the flip side of THAT is that the samples may be included in a photo shoot which would be pretty cool, I must admit.

Its been a bit like jumping into the deep end really but I feel pretty good about it and I've certainly already learned a lot.  And now…its production time.

(The Etsy shop is relatively full and will stay open. I've even got some new pieces to add. Check back on Wednesday if you're interested.)




10 comments:

  1. Yey and hooray! Well done for having the patience to hang in there through all those emails. Brilliant fabulous news. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eleanor! I thought that it was maybe 15 emails until I went back and counted them.

      Delete
  2. So so excited for you darling generous Genevieve! What an honour for Anthropologie to have your beautiful art! Thrilled to see the buoy earring in the selection. Happy making! You will need a holiday in Nepal some time to recover! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need a holiday for sure but I'm thinking a long weekend on the Atlantic seashore might have to do…for now!
      I got the email that the ladies got the thermometer - hurrah!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with this wonderful stage of your design, Genevieve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique! Yes, I'm much more content carving beads and big batches of ear wires than reading manuals. Happy to be at that point!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, this is a giant step in your career!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! Feeling a bit swamped right now but I'm pretty much on schedule.

      Delete