Thursday, January 12, 2017

Happy New Year!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

My husband and I drove to the top of the Chesapeake Bay and spent January 1 eating seafood and watching sailboats. A good way to start a year, I think. An expanse of sea and sky clear my head.

Havre de Grace, Maryland 

And then it was back to work for me as I prepared for a gallery opening on January 6 at
The Art Alliance Downtown. Located in the town of  Penn State, this is the gallery space for The Art of Alliance of Central PA  who's main offices are located in nearby Lemont.

New pieces created specifically for this show.

The opening was packed pretty much solid 7-9pm, as in "actually hard to get around the room" at points, and I was amazed at how comfortable I was talking about my work. Its illuminating to hear oneself talk out loud about things that usually go on only subconsciously.


The show runs until January 29, Wednesday through Sunday and if you make it to Centre county (a 2 1/2 hour drive for me) to see the show please let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment