Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Solo gallery show at The Smithery

I was so pleased to be invited to show my work with The Smithery in Columbus, Ohio last year and now the opening for my solo show is almost here.

I've chosen to show my recycled work because its something I'm really focusing on right now and lets face it, the topic of how we use and consume is more relevant than ever.

What I've come to believe is that if we see plastic as semi precious, we challenge the destructive concept of single use (and disposable). Certainly polymer clay art jewelry can be a vehicle to help us change our thinking and thereby our actions. We wouldn't make a single use bag out of gold - why do it with plastic? 

If you're in the Columbus area, I would love to see you at the opening March 5 6-8pm.







No comments:

Post a Comment