Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Day in the life

My days are a patchwork of activity as we prepare to leave the country in about 1 month. Any given day right now you might find me...

-  emailing the South African Embassy
-  reading history essays
-  assisting with a science project on inertia
-  discussing the use of quotation marks
-  checking math problems
-  researching/purchasing next year's school curriculum
-  working on our final permaculture design project
-  tending seedlings (our daughter will keep the garden going while we're gone!)
-  making appointments for medical check-ups
-  exercising (yoga and several miles of walking/day)

This really was my day yesterday in addition to meals and laundry. 

One would think a highly organized worktable would be helping me stockpile work before we leave - and one would be right. However! I'm finding the need to just unwind and play once I make it into the studio. I find myself doing this patchwork/collage kind of stuff with my shape patterns. I'll see if I can get some photos of the process for next week. 




Looking forward to some gorgeous spring weather over the next couple of days! Have a great weekend wherever you are in the world!  

Our back garden - things are really getting green now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment